WELCOME!!!

This blog is for my family and for my martial arts friends. This is also for families who loves bonding and having a good time with their children while doing something fun and sometimes crazy stuffs.

WARNING about our videos (located on your right): We train in the traditional way and our practice vids may be a bit hard or rough to many. If you are following the "modern way or art", we are just following our tradition and have no quarrel with yours... Many thanks and ENJOY!!!


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Practicing on a bad day.

Many say not to practice during a bad day. I don't know if this is coincidental but I notice that most of our training happens when we have tight schedule, late at night, haven't slept, sick (with a fever of flu), injured or just feeling lazy. Since my son started going to high school, we are having a hard time finding enough time to practice properly. He goes to school, two different dojos, hanging around with his friends and probably will be finding some part time job soon so our training schedule will surely get tighter.
Sometime we do our training just after I scolded my son for doing something stupid like not cleaning his room or for not doing his school homework and these are the times when I notice that my son's hits gets really heavy. These are the times when I often get punched in the face, get my arms twisted like hell or choked till I nearly pass out, HAHAHA!!!

This video was taken last Sunday. I was very tired and sleepy because I haven't slept because of work. My left thumb is still broken plus I have pigged out again and couldn't move, lol! My son is still having his back rehabilitation from last week's injury, has to clean his pigpen of a room and is expecting his classmates arrival in a few hours. We had breakfast then mom started to bark at my son because of his "pigpen" so we decided to do a runner. My son cleaned his pigpen in less than 15 minutes and we did our escape, hahaha! We went to the nearby river to practice but my son started to ride my motorcycle around and it took 20 minutes of our training time. We only had 30 minutes left and couldn't do much. Most was spent for warm-ups and only 5 minutes of sparring (sparring video not included). Our training sucked big time but we still had lots of fun.

I noticed that even when we are on an open area, we unknowingly try to use very minimal space. I placed the videocam (iphone) on top of my bike and totally forgot about it but we still kept on using very limited space. Probably this is because of CQC that we got used to training in tight areas. I don't know if this is good or not since we can really run around and not worry about breaking anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment